Saturday, March 14, 2009

The End of Our Journey

Today we traveled back from the frigid lakeside town of Puno to the warm metropolis of Lima on the Pacific shore. On our way, we've had many amazing cultural experiences, but it sure hasn't been easy. Today was a great time to relax, enjoy each others' company, and check out the deals in the downtown markets. I really can't stress enough how much this field study has meant to me. Discovering the Inca Empire, and its descendants, has been not only mind-expanding, but also spiritually transcendental, and for that I have only Jalh, Patricia, and my fellow Tars to thank.

The return to low elevation has left me feeling rather invincible at the moment. I think I'll go run a marathon or something. Catch you back in the US of A!

~Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment